in Energy, Environmental & Resource Economics
Please find the list of speakers here.
J. Caron, S. Rausch, and N. Winchester (2014). Leakage from Sub-national Climate Initiatives... »»
S. Rausch and M. Mowers. (2013). Distributional and Efficiency Impacts... »»
N. Winchester and S. Rausch (2013). A Numerical Investigation... »»
Alberini A., Banfi S., Ramseier C. Energy Efficiency Investments... »»
Blazquez, L., Boogen, N., Filippini, M., Residential
electricity demand... »»
M. US residential energy demand... »»
Papers in Economics) is a collaborative effort of hundreds of volunteers in 74
countries to enhance
the dissemination of research in economics. CEPE participates in this effort by
maintaining an archive that provides its working papers to the RePEc community:
Many economists (like Tom, Massimo, Mehdi,…), economic institutions (like D-MTEC, Faculty of Economics of UZH, …) and economic journals make their work/material available through RePEc. You can subscribe the free NEP (New Economic Papers) reports about newly published work classified by fields of research.
RePEc does not provide storing space for papers. Participating institutions store their RePEc archive on their own server. You need your CEPE Working Paper to be published on CEPE’s website BEFORE linking it to RePEc. The REPEC archive of CEPE is located at
Access/map that network location from your ETH computer (see How to access network drives in case of need). You need admin rights to get in (ask Reto Ambuehler, firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the “Informatikdienste” at www.id.ethz.ch). From outside ETH's network, you need your VPN active.
In the folder called “RePEc”, you see that the layout of the archive is
- rdf files for papers
This structure must be kept as such. “cee” is CEPE’s official archive code in RePEc. To link new CEPE Working Papers to RePEc, you only need to update folder "\\webcow1.ethz.ch\www_files-cepe\RePEc\cee\wpcepe".
Please visit http://ideas.repec.org/stepbystep.html for further details on how to handle a RePEc archive and eventually add new series (books, PhD dissertations, etc…).
1) check the URL of your new CEPE Working Paper published on CEPE’s website works properly.
2) Access/map the RePEc archive of CEPE at “\\webcow1.ethz.ch\www_files-cepe\RePEc” (from outside ETH, you need the VPN active)
3) Access folders “\cee\wpcepe”. You see a list of files called YY-AA.rdf. YY stands for the year (99=1999; 00=2000; 01=2001 …) while AA is the number of the CEPE working paper. Keep this name’s nomenclature as a matter of convention. Note that rdf files are text files that can be opened with Notepad or any other text editor. They describe the working papers in a way accessible to RePEc.
4) Use the “wp_template.rdf” file located in the "cee” folder to produce a rdf file for the new working paper:
- Make a copy of “wp_template.rdf” and rename it according to the standard convention (YY-AA.rdf).
- Open the renamed copy of “wp_template.rdf” with a text editor and update its content. The fields that need to be updated are:
- (a) Author-Name; (b) Author-X-Name-First; (c) Author-X-Name-Last;
- (d) Author-Email; (e) Author-Workplace-Name; (f) Title; (g) Abstract;
- (h) Length; (i) Creation-Date; (j)
File-URL; (k) Number;
- (l) Classification-JEL; (m) Keywords; (n) Handle.
Some important remarks: (i)
Keep the reserved names of the fields (Author-Name, Author-X-Name-First,...) unchanged. (ii) Note that fields (a) to (e) can be replicated as a block to match the correct
number of authors. AVOID empty fields, i.e., single-author-papers have a unique
block (a) to (e). (iii) Don’t forget to update the field “Handle”. (iv) If you copy/paste, say, the abstract from a pdf file to the field “Abstract” of a rdf file, you may need to retype some special characters directly from the text editor to be able to save the updated rdf file.
5) If you want to ensure correct syntax for the new rdf file:
- click on series templates (use the given username and password),
- click on interactive check
- copy and paste the content of the new rdf file into the empty window
- click the button “Check” and errors will be checked.
Beware, this check is only syntactical, it does not ensure that the URL to the paper exists or works. If no mistakes are detected, go below.
6) Cut and paste your new rdf file into the “wpcepe” folder. The new working paper should appear in the next 1 or 2 working days at
and on your personal RePEc webpage if you have one.
RePEc up-to-date and providing accurate JEL-classification and keywords is the
best way to achieve maximal international visibility though RePEc.
Diese Website wird in älteren Versionen von Netscape ohne graphische Elemente dargestellt. Die Funktionalität der Website ist aber trotzdem gewährleistet. Wenn Sie diese Website regelmässig benutzen, empfehlen wir Ihnen, auf Ihrem Computer einen aktuellen Browser zu installieren. Weitere Informationen finden Sie auf
The content in this site is accessible to any browser or Internet device, however, some graphics will display correctly only in the newer versions of Netscape. To get the most out of our site we suggest you upgrade to a newer browser.